WELCOME

Hello, I am DjPault. This blog is dedicated to Olivia Newton-John. I have been hopelessly devoted to Olivia ever since my aunt took me to see "Grease" in 1978 when I was eight years old. On this blog you'll find rare pictures, the latest news and more. I also run an 80's remix blog called Burning The Ground so come visit me there too.

Enjoy your visit and check bac often.


~ DjPaulT

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Australian Mardi Gras confirms Olivia Newton-John



Mardi Gras confirms Olivia Newton-John, Faker and Potbelleez
Mardi Gras today confirmed the rumours are true – Olivia Newton-John will be among the performers at the 30th anniversary Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Party on 1 March at The Royal Hall Of Industries, Entertainment Quarter.

New Mardi Gras is thrilled to have Olivia come to the Party, joining a huge lineup of international and local names, some revealed, others that won’t be revealed until the night! Mardi Gras has made a donation to Olivia Newton-John’s Breast Cancer Centre in lieu of a performance fee.

Speaking about her upcoming Mardi Gras performance, Olivia was excited about coming to the Party.

"I am thrilled to be a part of Sydney's Mardi Gras,” Olivia said.
“2008 will mark some important milestones in my life as I will walk the Great Wall of China in April as a fundraiser for my cancer center in Melbourne and GREASE celebrates its 30th Anniversary!

“I can't think of a better way to start this year off with than singing at Mardi Gras!
“The gay community has always been a major supporter of mine and I am hopelessly devoted to each and every one of them! I can't wait!"

Joining Olivia at the Party will be international DJ’s Hex Hector, Agnelli & Nelson and Paul Goodyear, as well as a number of local bands including Faker and the Potbelleez.

After years of trying, Mardi Gras organisers have secured the services of the entertainment icon for the March 1 closing party as the festival marks its 30th anniversary. Newton-John is geared to deliver one of the campest Mardi Gras dawn shows yet with her exclusive gig. Discussions are continuing as to which of her hits Newton-John will sing, but there are promises of dozens of back-up dancers and a guarantee that everyone present will know the words, the SMH reports.

Newton-John has just finished filming a TV series in which she reprises her role in the 2000 cult film Sordid Lives - playing a tattooed, lesbian, gum-chewing ex-con named Bitsy-Mae Harling.

Visit New Mardis Gras Sydney

No comments: