WELCOME

Hello, I am DjPault. This blog is dedicated to Olivia Newton-John. I have been hopelessly devoted to Olivia ever since my aunt took me to see "Grease" in 1978 when I was eight years old. On this blog you'll find rare pictures, the latest news and more. I also run an 80's remix blog called Burning The Ground so come visit me there too.

Enjoy your visit and check bac often.


~ DjPaulT

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" one of Billboard 100 All Time Top Ten

The Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Songs
#6




PHYSICAL

Olivia Newton-John
Label: MCA
Peak Date: 11/21/1981
Peak Position: #1 (10 weeks)

Life imitates art. After Olivia Newton-John took the character Sandy from virginal to vamp in the 1978 film "Grease," the longtime girl-next-door singer rattled pop culture with her 1982 single "Physical"-which was loaded with sexual innuendo (sample lyric: "There's nothing left to talk about unless it's horizontally." Oh, my!) On a more innocent front, the song also became a staple of the ubiquitous aerobics movement of the day. In all, the song spent 10 weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100, following previous chart-toppers "I Honestly Love You," "Have You Never Been Mellow," "You're the One That I Want" and "Magic," amid a top 40 run that garnered 27 hits from 1971 to 1985. Grammy voters awarded "Physical" video of the year.


No comments: