WELCOME

Hello, I am DjPault. This blog is dedicated to Olivia Newton-John. I have been hopelessly devoted to Olivia ever since my aunt took me to see "Grease" in 1978 when I was eight years old. On this blog you'll find rare pictures, the latest news and more. I also run an 80's remix blog called Burning The Ground so come visit me there too.

Enjoy your visit and check bac often.


~ DjPaulT

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Grace and Gratitude Renewed" In stores now!



























From Olivia: "Grace and Gratitude" was written at a time in my life when I needed some personal healing. I have always turned to music, meditation and prayer to guide me. I believe that healing starts with an attitude of gratitude, and even in my darkest hours I tried to remember all that I have to be grateful for."

In these past four years the universe heard me and has restored joy, health and love into my life. I awoke to the love of my life, my husband John Easterling, and my seven year journey to launch the ONJ Cancer and Wellness Centre in Melbourne, Australia has finally come to fruition.

I have been very touched by the response to the words and music of "Grace and Gratitude" and have had the privilege of sharing it in concert with many of you since its first release. I am so excited that my new friends at Green Hill and EMI are going to make this music available everywhere.

With "Grace and Gratitude Renewed", I want to bring some of the happy energy I have been blessed with these past few years, to this revisited collection. I have resung several of the songs, and invited a few dear friends to sing with me. My producer, co-writer and dear friend Amy Sky and I were inspired to write a new song, "Help Me To Heal" - I love it and hope you do too!

Yours in love and light,

Olivia

"Grace and Gratitude Renewed" features:

• New tracks - "Help Me To Heal" and "Todah" - featuring Best New Age Grammy Award Winner David Darling
• Newly recorded vocals by Olivia on several tracks
• New duet version of "To Be Wanted" with Mark Masri
• New duet version of "I Will LIft Up My Eyes" with Amy Sky
• New instrumentation and harmonies on several tracks
• Completely new packaging and photos

New vocals recorded in 2010 at Echo Beach Studios FL and Kick Audio Toronto.

*Buy the CD "Grace And Gratitude Renewed" From:
Green Hill Music
Barnes & Noble
Amazon

Best Buy
CD Universe
or your local CD retailer.

Tracklisting:

1. Shekhinah (Interlude)
2. Pearls On A Chain
3. Yesod (Interlude)
4. To Be Wanted / Mark Masri
5. Hod (Interlude)
6. Learn To Love Yourself
7. Nezah (Interlude)
8. Grace And Gratitude
9. Tiferet (Interlude)
10. Love Is Letting Go Of Fear
11. Hesed Gevurah (Interlude)
12. Gate Gate
13. Tala'al Badru 'Alayna (Interlude)
14. Let Go Let God
15. Binah (Interlude)
16. I Will Lift Up My Eyes / Amy Sky
17. Hochman (Interlude)
18. The Power Of Now Keter (Interlude)
19. Instrument of Peace / Marc Jordan

About The Album

Olivia Newton-John's Grace and Gratitude is inspired by her belief that music has the power to heal by calming our minds, lifting our spirits, and connecting to our hearts. Named for Olivia's appreciation for the gift of life, Grace and Gratitude contains more than 20 tracks intended for relaxation and healing. As an 18-year breast cancer "thriver," Olivia has learned the importance of physical and emotional health, and especially the power of music. Research has shown that music can lower stress hormones, slow down brain waves, and actually boost the body's own healing process.

Co-written by the album's producer, Amy Sky, the lyrics acknowledge a variety of belief systems, including Tibetan chants, prayers from Judaism and Islam, and a poem from St. Francis of Assisi. Together, Olivia and Amy took the chakras of the body as the basis for each song on the CD. Each chakra is connected to a sacred truth that reflects your pshycological, emotional, and spiritual well-being.

3 comments:

Eugene Skala said...

Hello Paul,

Greetings from Chicago. I found this blog via Amazon. Nice work!

I'm wondering if you have any knowledge about what's going on with "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" CD and why, of all her more successful earlier releases, this one is not be reprinted. I had to buy my copy from Amazon for $85. *Ouch!*

Also the box set excludes "Let Me Be There" (US release). And why is "Xanadu" excluded even though she sings on most of the record (whereas on "Grease" she does not). Do you know the track listings for the "Early Songs" CD or bonus tracks that's supposed to be released with the box set.

Sorry for all the questions. I've written to the ONJ site several times and they don't write back and ONJ herself has not made any statements about the IYLMLMK CD in particular.

If you care to reply, and if it's not a hassle, please use my regular email -- Gskala01@aol.com

Thanks alot!
Gene Skala

Eugene Skala said...

(I just noticed the link below that you can comment to and will reach my regular email)

Hello Paul,

Greetings from Chicago. I found this blog via Amazon. Nice work!

I'm wondering if you have any knowledge about what's going on with "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" CD and why, of all her more successful earlier releases, this one is not be reprinted. I had to buy my copy from Amazon for $85. *Ouch!*

Also the box set excludes "Let Me Be There" (US release). And why is "Xanadu" excluded even though she sings on most of the record (whereas on "Grease" she does not). Do you know the track listings for the "Early Songs" CD or bonus tracks that's supposed to be released with the box set.

Sorry for all the questions. I've written to the ONJ site several times and they don't write back and ONJ herself has not made any statements about the IYLMLMK CD in particular.

If you care to reply, and if it's not a hassle, please use my regular email -- Gskala01@aol.com

Thanks alot!
Gene Skala

DjPaulT said...

Eugene thank you for your comment."If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" was released on CD in the US on MCA Records back in the late 80's along with most of Olivia's back catalog including "Let Me Be There" they are sadly now out of print hence the high prices on Amazon. These MCA CD's are highly sought after because they are among some of the first CD's manufactured and were actually made in Japan for the US. The US CD's marked the only time "If You Love Me" and "Let Me Be There" where released on CD in the US.

I really don't know why MCA Records has not re-issued Olivia's back catalog, I'm not sure if it is an issue with the rights to the material but they are long overdue for a US release.

The Japanese box set that is to be released in Japan only contains the albums that were originally released in Japan it is a mystery to me why they have omitted "Let Me Be There" and "Xanadu" again it could be a rights issue. "If You Love Me" was not released in Japan so that explains why it is not included but actually "Long Live Love" contains some of the tracks from (IYLMLMK). I hope that I have been of some help it is all really confusing because many of Olivia's early albums were released in other countries with different titles and different track lists for each market.

Here is a link to the Japanese box set it shows the bonus tracks for each CD. Just click the album thumbnails.

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/olivia/disco/uicy91709.html